Broan QS230ss Review
Broan QS230ss is a 30 inch under-cabinet range hood with stainless steel finish. This model belongs to the Broan QS230 series, which has other 4 models such as QS230ww, QS230bl, QS230aa and QS230bc. They have the same specifications and are just different in colors. Compared to the previous model Broan QS130ss we reviewed, QS230ss has a unique feature of exclusive DuPont Teflon. It makes this range hood easier to clean up than QS130ss. Another difference is that this model use centrifugal blower not the axial blade. The centrifugal blower not only improves the suction performance but also lowers the hood’s noise. Broan QS230ss gains 4.2 stars; 52% are 5 stars and 26% are 4 stars. Here we are going to show pros and cons of QS230ss.
- Brightness: Due to dual bright halogen bulbs, quite a few customers told they liked the illumination of QS230ss. This model has three brightness settings, which can provide you both soft light and focused high visibility. Even some customers bought QS230ss for its illumination feature.
- Fan: It also has three settings: low, medium and high. Although the fan speed at low and medium settings isn’t as powerful as at high setting, it is strong enough for general use. Most customers mentioned its functionality on high and it did move a lot of air. Customers give its excellent functionality 5 stars.
- Easy to clean: Thanks to the Teflon coating and dishwasher-safe screens, QS230ss is much easier to clean than the models of the QS130 series. It makes your washing a breeze.
- Quiet performance: The normal sones of this model could reach 0.9. So many customers told they hardly noticed of noise at the low setting. However, many customers mentioned it is a little loud on the medium and high setting.
- On medium and high setting, it is a little loud.
- Two charcoal filters are not included.
- Two halogen bulbs are not included.
- Although many customers expressed its installation is simple and easy, you need to read the instruction before installation.
- A few customers found a problem that the hood exhausted the air through the top vents. The reason why this happened was the installer didn’t install the baffle correctly. If you have the same problem, you need to read the steps 7-10 in the instruction to make sure the baffle is rotated correctly. When it is rotated correctly, you can hear a “click” sound.
- You don’t have to use halogen bulbs. If you don’t like halogen bulbs, you can use regular-based bulbs.
Filed under: Broan Range Hoods
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!